Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Contextually Relevant Google Ads on this Blog

A primary purpose of this blog is to give you food for thought ... about creating more relevance with your customers.

I just added Google Ads to the blog and the fascinating thing about them is that Google is doing a good job of placing ads that are relevant to the discussion on this blog. To that extent, they are not just ads aimed at you but they are a source of additional related content.

My previous post on 9 principles to fuel growth was a result of me seeing an ad on this blog from Deloitte. The specific ad that caught my attention will probably be gone soon, but I bet that Google will replace it with similar ads for content that can help you improve marketing.

Scroll down and see what you might learn.

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, some sites have horribly unrelevant google ads. The last time I paid serious attention, news sites with ads were bad. I think you are getting good results from Google because your content, while not narrow, is well focused. I'm not sure they could do a good job with my blog. Troy.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Dale,

I recently wrote in my blog (www.toddchristian.prblogs.org) about the standards or lack thereof in advertising on blogs. Some blogs are turning into big business, and, while that's exciting, it brings with it some murky ethical water that no one seems to be dealing with.

Should bloggers be held to the same standards as traditional journalists when it comes to advertising?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet