Friday, November 18, 2005

Sometimes the New Media Get it All Wrong

Yesterday, I opened my AOL Instant Messenger only to learn that I had two new "buddies" I have never met ... and actually don't ever want to meet. I think someone at AOL must have a screw loose. Maybe it's time to switch over to Microsoft.

The two new buddies are a ShoppingBuddy and a Moviefone bot, both automated programs that send preprogrammed responses to queries about shopping and movies. Frankly,Im not looking for a 'shopping buddy' to automatically add itself to my life and promote buying over their network. At least have the courtesy to ask me before sending new buddies into my life.

Technorati Tags: ,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet