Monday, July 25, 2005

Treating People as More than Customers

Here are the kinds of nice things that happen when you take care of customers.

A new customer (Chris Petrilli) of Cincom Systems posted the following message on his blog:

Over the past year or so, as I’ve gotten my teeth back into Smalltalk and Lisp I’ve had the excellent opportunity to work with some of the technical (and product) people at both Cincom and Franz. My experience has been beyond excellent.

I have had excellent discussions with people about minute detail of implementation, and they’ve provided feedback that has been excellent at moving ideas along. Offers of help with proof-of-concept have been offered, insight into product roadmap, and even honest discussions of where things don’t work, have been the hallmark of both organizations. This is a stark contrast with most companies.

All I can is both companies have some of the most brilliant people I’ve ever had the opportunity to talk to, and their insight is illuminating. It’s nice to see there are a few places where true technical excellent is still critical. Helping your customers be successful will always help you be successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet