Saturday, July 30, 2005

Courage for Marketing Transformation

I can still remember being in the office of a senior manager at P&G’s headquarters … I walked into his office where he was standing with his back to the door, starring out the window. “What’s up, John,” I asked. His reply was a bit shocking. “I’m just picturing myself standing here pitching $100 bills out the window at one a second and imagining how long it would take to equal the losses we are having on Brand X.” He knew he had to kill a product … one for which he was responsible.

That encounter is part of my posting on the Cincom Simplicity Blog, where I review a report by Christian Science Monitor on the business transformation that's been happening at P&G during the last five years since A. G. Lafley was named CEO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet