Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Product Ecosystem at Apple

Alex Williams at Corante writes: "I listened to the Gillmor Gang Monday night and heard Adam Curry talk about his conversations with Steve Jobs about podcasting. Striking is how much Apple seems to get it. Podcasting fits into the DIY [do-it-yourself]decade of self-expression, which increasingly seems to be the theme of Apple's product ecosystem.

Apple sees clearly the context of its customers and has stunned the tech world by constantly reinventing itself around the customer.

... see the rest of the article at Podcasting.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Troy Brumley said...

Dale, thanks for the interesting link. I liked this bit: "Somehow, Apple has turned the iPod and iTunes ino mythic weapons that people see as hip. And in the process, they have aligned themselves with DIY youth culture, who live in the remix world." I think that what Apple does is address freedom where it matters. The computer is a tool/appliance/car. I don't want my car to be too open, I want it to work well so I can do what I want to do with it. MS tends to make me spend more time maintaining my "car" than I do enjoy the "drive" to my vacation. It's all about giving people what matters to them, which you often remind us not enough businesses do. Troy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet