Saturday, January 15, 2005

Blogging about Context -- What's the Point?

I’ve been at this blogging thing for a few weeks now, and I admit I am still searching for my voice. Slowly the engines are picking it up. People around me tell me they see I have joined the blogging ranks. But I still don’t seem to have much traffic. Am I writing for myself? A colleague at work says it’s the perfect medium for me – I can write about marketing and no one has to listen. Ouch!

But in a larger sense, this blog is accomplishing one of my goals. It has me digging at the Internet with fresh eyes, seeing things I was missing before. That’s exciting, even if it only impacts me.

While I search for my voice, I am busy writing articles about fundamental concepts that drive what I call contextual marketing. This has been a concept near and dear to my heart for at least 15 years, but its been hard getting clients to see the power that I see. Where it has been used, it has made deep and fundamental improvement in marketing because it becomes a sort of glue that holds all the pieces together and makes them relevant to individual customers.

So I will continue writing and archiving about context. What would you expect from someone whose car sports a license plate: CONTEXT.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale,

You need to advertise your feed on the main page (and archive page) templates. You have an atom feed here:

http://contextrulesmarketing.blogspot.com/atom.xml

James Robertson

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, this is Troy. I won't pretend to be able to keep up with your writing--I'm very busy with school. But, keep at it. I've got your feed in my subscriptions list and others will too over time. It takes a while to build up a readership, and it's often difficult to know who's out there reading. Blogging isn't push, and it isn't pull, I'm not sure what it is, but it's good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Context Rules Marketing!


powered by Bloglet